Award-winning Nollywood actor popularly known for the movie ‘A Soldier’s Story‘, Daniel Kanayo Daniel celebrates his birthday today!
The handsome Nigerian actor who was born on May 22, 1986, at the University Of Maiduguri teaching hospital, Borno State, in Northeastern Nigeria, made his first acting job in the Television series” All About Us“.
His first lead role was in “Ladies Men”, which was directed by Afam Okereke, and also starred Mercy Johnson, Funke Akindele, Alex Ekubo amongst others. He later became more famous after his role in the movie ‘76‘.
To celebrate Daniel Kanayo Daniel’s birthday today, we bring you 5 things you should know about him;
- He is a native of Nenwe in Ani-Nri Local Government Area of Enugu State.
- His mother currently serves as the Special Adviser to the Nigerian Minister of Power on Media Matters.
- He is the first child of four children.
- He had desired to train as a pilot, having had three role model fighter pilots in his family but his hopes were dashed when he was diagnosed with Myopia(short sightedness).
- He studied Applied Biochemistry at Nnamdi Azikiwe University Awka, Anambra State.
- Before making his acting debut, he was a model who took part in the Abuja Moroccan Fashion Show.
- In 2016, he won the Award for Best Actor in a drama at the ‘Africa Magic Viewers Choice Awards’, for his role as ‘Boss Man’ in “A Soldiers Story”.